With custom freehand engraving, your items will be permanently personalized for a lasting impression, unlike the shorter lifespans of paint and vinyl applications.
Freehand engraving is very versatile and allows for engraving on a wider variety of items with more placement options than laser engraving equipment can do.
Custom Freehand Engraving
My work is done by hand using a specialized engraving drill, diamond-tipped burs, and color inlay, all partnered with my knowledge of calligraphy and design.
I offer personalization and engraving services for keepsakes of all kinds: corporate gifting, housewarming gifts, bridal party gifts, wedding favors, birthday presents, and more. See the list at the bottom of the page for popular items that can be engraved.
Please note: The customer is responsible for providing the items to engrave. They can be shipped to me directly or dropped off.
Guidelines & Rates
- Please give 3-5 business days for processing time. Each item is drafted and engraved by hand.
- You will receive a draft of the engraving for your approval before anything is finalized.
- Because my engraving is all done by hand, I do refer out some projects that are better suited for laser engraving.
- See my online shop for perfume/cologne engraving, wine/liquor engraving, lipstick engraving, and mirror compact engraving.
- Unique commissions: $75 minimum order; price varies depending on the item, quantity, content, and complexity
- For bulk quantity orders of 20+, contact me for a quote.
- Engraved Wine/Liquor Bottles: I can only offer this service to local customers due to shipping regulations.
- Please note: pressurized bottles cannot be engraved because of safety issues. For pressurized bottles like champagne, sparkling cider, and sparkling wine, I offer writing with permanent paint for a safer option that still allows for beautiful personalization.
Popular Items to Engrave
- Glass: wine bottles, liquor bottles, wine glasses, champagne flutes, perfume & cologne bottles, candle holders, cosmetic containers, skincare bottles
- Ceramic/Porcelain: coffee mugs, Christmas ornaments, platters, candle jars
- Metal: stainless steel water bottles, Yeti tumblers, lipstick, make-up brushes, compact mirrors, dog & cat tags, knives, cake serving sets, watches, copper mugs
- Stone: marble, agate slices, granite tiles, coasters, smooth rocks & stones
- Acrylic: some acrylic/plastic items can be engraved, but I have to judge based on the material
- Leather: I can engrave leather and some leather-like surfaces using a heat debossing tool/hot foil tool; great for wallets, journals, padfolios, watch straps, and bags
- Wood: I can engrave wood using a wood-burning tool; great for cutting boards, charcuterie boards, wooden spatulas/spoons, and boxes
For many engraved items, I also offer color fill options of silver, gold, rose gold, and black.
Let’s Work Together
Request a Quote
Contact me today to get a quote for your custom hand engraving.